Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tate and Werner Wildlife Museums

Yesterday, we went to the Tate Paleontology Museum, and then the Werner Wildlife Musem.



The Tate has "Dee" the mammoth, the largest Columbian mammoth found thus far in North America (and it was found right here in WY!).
It's very large. It's so large that I couldn't get it all in my camera at once. Therefore, I have a picture of its back legs and my dad, who is studiously reading every single word on the display.






The Twelve-Year-Old is studiously admiring dinosaur eggs. Yep. He sure is a solemn, studious lad. Sometimes I think he takes things too seriously.





This is Rick giving me his, "mneh, I don't wanna have my picture taken next to the jaws of a 'Giant Sea Lizard,' but okayyyy..." face.



If only this T-Rex would cooperate and chomp down when I ask him to!
*ahem* I mean, thank goodness this wee beastie has been dead for millenia.



Same not-hungry tyrannous king, but this time, he's losing a staring contest to me.
Someone panted a yellow-and-black-eye on a red Christmas ornament and hung it in this big ol' guy's eye socket. Even so, I beat him to the ground in our staring contest.




Oh, by the way, Dad has an electric guitar.