Monday, October 10, 2011

Yay, Mom and Rick!

Wow, it’s sure been a while. Quite frankly, I’m starting this up again because I realized it would probably be easier to do blog posts than email all the pictures of my day-to-day to my mom.

Jenny, my step sister, also spent part of the Saturday with us.

This weekend, I visited my family at home for the first time since I left for college. It was my mom’s birthday. Happy birthday, Mom! Know that you’re appreciated and loved dearly.

I got to cook, which was a big, big relief after being kitchen-deprived for over a month. Everyone reassured me that there would be a communal kitchen, but there is nothing but communal microwaves. Very, very sad, I know.

I was also very, very lucky in that my brother had a track meet that Saturday! It was a lot of fun, and I really loved that I got to see him run!

Those runners work so hard, I was impressed. I’m so, so proud of him. I don’t know how far they run, but it’s a fair distance. This race included running through woods and going through thigh-deep water. You can see from his red face that he was working hard!

Happy Birthday, Mom, and congratulations, Rick!!