Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the fatherly men out there ^_^

We had a nice Sunday dinner of mashed potatoes, burgers, and green beans. I was fairly proud of the mashed potatoes -- I put gruyere in them, and they were fantastic. Yum yum.
For desert, I took store-bought pound cake, I food-processed some blueberries and strawberries, and spread it on the pound cake slices. I spread unsweetened whipped cream on top of that, and stuck some more berries on top. It was very yummy, and not overly sweet.
Jenny came over, as well. She thought that the cake-trifle-thing was very patriotic. I thought it was yummy :D
Also, we had a fabulous time in the park. We only stayed there a short while, but Rick skipped many rocks, and we all (except Jason, spoil-sport that he is) wandered around shoe-less. In the picture, by the way, is Jenny, not me. She got in and went, "oh! It's cold it's cold!"
I hope you're all having a beautiful time with your families this Sunday.